SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Bummer


photo by PWA


I'm sure in everyone's world there are a million definitions of the word "bummer". Here's the official Merriam-Webster take .........

Today's definition at Skate Truck is of being at the park and intermittent rain interrupting the proceedings. It'd rain for a while, then there'd be a break in the clouds and the wind would pick up and the bowls would start to dry, then the rain would tune back up and the whole process would start all over again.....there's not too many things more frustrating as being at a skate spot with time to skate and then having to stare at wet terrain.

I've had my gear with me on two different occasions when in Louisville, with a couple hour window set aside for skate time, and both times we were thwarted by rain. Oh well, that just means that lush702 and Ginder and I will have to have another road trip........You can check out the Louisville Park here and here......

Happy Sunday.

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2005 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. I feel yer pain. My glass being half full, I viewed the rain as a good reason (even better than an excuse...) to NOT have to mow the grass. Instead, I watched the Canadian F1 race. Nothing like 1,000 HP to "get your motor runnin'" (apologies to John Kay) on a rainy day.

There are other things that are better wet, but I'm confident I've said enough already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits