SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Love Rock Model



This here would be the only Les Paul that graces the axe quiver at the Old Dick P.O. And it's not even really a Les Paul, per se. Definitely not a Gibson anyways. Let me just say that I am not, nor have ever been a Les Paul guitar kind of guy. I'm pretty sure though, thinking back, that there may have been a butt load of alcohol involved in my acquisition of this instrument.....

Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous guitar. And it plays great. Sweet neck. Killer tone. And totally heavy as hell. Boy, standing with it around your neck for a couple of sets is like changing flat tires for six hours!

I read an article on the Gibson Custom Shop web-site not too long ago wherein Neal Schon states that he was undoubtedly the first person to stuff a Floyd Rose in a Les Paul.

Wrong! I'm sure that the Floyd that we stuffed in this one was an original release Floyd Rose model. I had two of them at the time. The other went in my Frankenstein axe, that I'll blog up later on. Joe Glazer in Leiper's Fork installed the Rose. It was the first and only time that he will ever touch a guitar of mine.

This axe is one of the Tokai lawsuit Les Pauls. I seem to have a penchant for that lawsuit guitar thang. The body is a glorious and beautiful one-piece mahogany chunk and the binding is very sweet. The pickups are by Dimarzio. But It sounds even better to me when I bang on it not plugged in.

My buddy Brian is always on me as to why I don't get rid of it because I never really play it. But hell, it's way nice to look at and anybody else that stops in seems to get a kick out of beating on it so I just keep it sitting around......Cool.

Help out the Katrina victims, okay? The American Red Cross

pwa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits