SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

In the Woods



I got to spend the waning hours of sunshine today in complete solitude with my trials bike and the woods. Very nice, I must say. I went around the loop and taped off the sections and put up the start and end markers for the trials this week-end.

The leaves are in their first stages of dropping because the trails that I rode last evening, and the evening before had way more leaves on them today than they did yestarday. And the mushrooms are freaking unbelieveable. Have been for a couple of weeks now. They're everywhere and are all different shapes and textures and sizes. The Captain and I saw one last week that was the size of a motorbike helmet. I've been trying to get some pictures of the 'shrooms but I'm afraid my camera was made by Hoover. It sucks.......

Anyway, I rode in complete solitude today except for a couple of encounters with some wild turkeys, and the spike buck white-tail deer with a couple of does (Ho's) that he either had interested in him or vice-versa (CHEAP TRICK. "He's a Whore").

I think that the rut may be in it's first stages too, what about it Captain?

I scared up this same crew of deer no less than three times in an hour-and-a-half period. They'd make a collective dash in my peripheral and I'd instantly hit the kill button, and then try and roll to as soft a stop as I could, crunchy leaves included. All three times they would check up, and check me over quite closely, and then would just hold their ground and keep an eye on me, but they seemed to continue with their business. The does would sniff like hell towards me, all bug-eyed, something I'd never been close enough to a white-tail in the woods before to see. We would end up in a semi-circle, sometimes with me in the middle, and the four of us would have fit in a Dairy Queen dining area, we were so tight. The duration of me and my smell that they could stand before one of them initiated the bolt was easily several minutes. It was cool as shit, I talked to them and grunted and whistled and snorted, but kept very still, and they were totally nonchalant. Made me nervous as hell.

I had on some shades so I wonder if not being able to see my eyes had anything to do with their timidness. Of course, the big old helmet on my head may have been confusing to them, they may have thought I was some sort of mucked up big old mushroom.

AHRMA / STRA / ITSA National Trials this week-end, the 8th and 9th, out at the B&J Ranch. Directions are right HERE. Come on out, you'll dig it. Pig & Pie Bar-B-Cue on site.

L8R
PWA

9 Comments:

At October 06, 2005 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you plowed down Mr. Still with your bike. Also there is a dent in your gas tank :-)

 
At October 06, 2005 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I don't think the glasses had any thing to do with it. Tthey heard a noise and zeroed in on it. While they was looking at you , first are you a threat. Next you give off U.V. rays that is forion to them. They can't see color but the U.V. rays we give off is like you going to work in the morning and coming home there is a new house being built on your street. You say to yourself that wasn't there this morning. The woods are their interstates , roads whatever. So anything new is going to throw them into a cation mode. As far as the rutt I don't think it starts for another two or three weeks, but you know us males are. Sorry if I sound like a ESPN guide trying to make a name for himself. All I know for sure is THEIR ON TO ME!

cpt.

 
At October 06, 2005 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ya I almost forgot. PRACTICING AGAIN HUH.

cpt.

 
At October 06, 2005 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like a day in the Woods, although it sounds like the Cpt. may have been out a little too long.
And yep, I think it's a BIG dent.

 
At October 06, 2005 8:52 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Man, y'all need to relax on the Suzuki Kid about some tank dents, okay? I don't wanta' haf' to go Samari on youse!

And, no doubt, the Captain has probably been in the woods just a touch too long..........

 
At October 07, 2005 5:44 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

Good luck to all the riders. Sorry i'll be missin the nationals, but I'll be lookin for the highlights on Sportscenter. I'm starting captain and mennonite mike in my fantasy trials league. Many may say The Captain Dick Trials Team is an underdog, but after a year of steady improvement I expect nothing but good things this weekend. Go Green!

Captain does spend a lot of time in the woods:

riding his bike
hunting
playing golf...

 
At October 07, 2005 7:17 AM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Caulkboy, we'll be missing you too but I'm sure you'll have a great time at Taladega. Get your SUYT's sign all fired up!

On the Captain playing golf in the woods, I thought you played that n the fairway?

 
At October 07, 2005 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all you people diss'n the Cpt. Well let me tell you this I've never kissed a deer. I did find one with its little head stuck in a fence one time.

Fairway ? I thought they was saying far-a-way.

cpt.

 
At October 08, 2005 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PWA...YOU BETTER LEAVE THOSE MUSHROOMS ALONE! YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME.
......OR MAYBE NOT
WHAT WERE WE TALKING ABOUT?
BIG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits