SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Monday, June 25, 2018

Hubert Green R.I.P.

Back in the early to mid 70's (hazy now as the days go by!) my kid sister and I were camping with our family at Henry Horton State Park in Chapel Hill, TN. I was maybe 15 years old and my sister was 12. I was already totally in love with the game of golf and we talked our parents into letting us go to the state park golf course to play. We rented a cart, clubs for the sis and proceeded to act like idiots, especially with the cart. It was early, the dew was plentiful and my sister was driving and threw me outta' the cart once with a bat-turn to the left when she sighted her ball. I did my best Superman impersonation and must have slid 15 feet on my face.

We were standing on the par 3 number 16 tee and these 2 other carts come bombing up. This guy pops out, walks over to me, shakes my hand and says, "Hey, how ya' doing, I'm Hubert Green, mind if we play through?" I says sure, moron that I am wondering who the hell Hubert Green is. He flipped his cigarette on the ground, drops a ball and proceeds to flop it to within 4 or 5 feet. Amazing. The rest of his four-some plays to the green in almost similar fashion, Hubert thanks us with a flourish, shakes my hand again, and they're gone. Cool as hell. I've always wondered who the other cats were he was playing with.....  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits