SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tele


image by PWA

I am a definite advocate of the quiver theory. Whether it be motorbikes or skates or axes. Always have been. There is always one special tool required for the job at hand. The trick is having access to those tools, and then using them to their fullest when they are called upon. Over the next few months we're gonna' see some from all of the afore-mentioned categories.

Today we start the axe quiver with my absolute favorite guitar on the planet. It's a chump-ass Mexican Fender Telecaster that probably has a lineage of 1999 or so. The ash-tray bridge is from a Nashville Power Tele. The guitar was initially owned by my major bud Brian Kelly who purchased it and then sent it to Jason Lollar @ Lollar Guitars to have the electronics replaced to Lollar's specs and just get an over-all cool set-up, and it was supposed to be a jazz axe , ala Mike Stern. I hand rolled the edges on the neck for a more "vintage feel". Course, I guess I shoulda' known that if a Tele was okay with Kefe, then all was good on the planet........

I avoided Fender instruments for freaking decades because I thought they were toys, instead going for the Gibson type of instruments, you know, double humbuckers, stop type tail-pieces, set-necks. WRONG!. Great quote from Jeff Beck that I am para-phrasing, "A Gibson is an instrument, a Fender is a weapon". That pretty much says it all..........oh yes.

This mutha' rocks and has the sweetest tones on the planet. It stays in tune all damn night and is just a joy to hang around your shoulders. Every time Brian plays it he laments letting me get it off of him, but it's way more of a rock axe than a jazz box. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you black-on-black-on-black Tele with maple neck and the Lollar spec P-90 at the neck position.

Rock on indeed........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits