SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Mid-Ohio Trials 2005


photos by Bob Ginder

As usual, the crew from B&J Racing laid out the Trials at Mid-Ohio during the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days . Our principal, Bob Ginder was the Trials Master for the event. He laid out a doozy, especially for the #1 and #2 line guys.

I practiced pretty hard leading up to the event, and made some modifications to my venerable Suzuki RL250's front forks that were a vast improvement, eliminating a big dive that they had on hard deflection that would almost wrench the bars outta' your hands.

With that mod and the practice I rode the best trials that I've ridden to date, only giving up seven points and having two totally clean loops (I've NEVER had even one clean loop!) on the day while riding the #3 line. I was pretty happy with that score, and hopeful for a good result. But that turned to a bit of disappointment when I realized during the awards ceremony that a few of the guys that finished ahead of me were #2 line riders from around the nation that had ridden down a class, and I ended up seventh in the final standings. It's kinda' like Muhammad Ali dropping down and fighting a middle-weight boxer.............not cool.



Our buddy Mennonite Mike of MMS (Mennonite Motor Sports, I swear! Check out the beard.), also rode the best trials I've seen him ride to date and gave up only eight points on the day to finish eighth.

Oh well, I still rode well and we had a bloody great time and we ate like freaking Kings (Mucho Thanks to Bruce and Eileen!) and I can only look forward to next year.

L8R

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2005 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the clean loops! One would be impressive on a Bob layout, two is something to wear around on your t-shirt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits