SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Corlew


This is my buddy Ray Corlew motocrossing his Triumph Cub in Gainesville. I've got to tell you how lucky I feel to compete on motorbikes with Ray Corlew and to be able to call him my buddy. I hope he doesn't mind.

Ray is a riding contemporary of my Dad's. They hung out together and rode motorbikes as hoodlum teenagers. Ray's got pictures up all over the inside of his race trailer from the 1950's and '60's of all kinds of drag racing and scrambles and flat-track that he took part in. He's even got a picture of the start of a scrambles race at the old Cumberland River race track in Nashville (John F. Lawhon's off of Jefferson and Dickerson Road) with my Dad as the flag man. How cool is that?

I did his picture in black and white just cause.

L8R

3 Comments:

At March 07, 2006 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he Corlew's appliance repair in Gallatin, TN.?
dale

 
At March 08, 2006 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Question, Ray is one of the guys in AHRMA that make Vintage Racing speical........... Just a all round great guy, and rides a mean cub

 
At March 08, 2006 7:05 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

I don't know if I had met Ray before , but if he used to hang with Sam he's ok by me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits