SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Thursday, March 09, 2006

DRZ at the Beach.....


Here's the obligatory pitcherlady picture of my DRZ at Horseshoe Beach. The gulf is on the other side of that treeline, I swear..... and it was as flat as a pancake.

We rode a couple hundred miles on Saturday, between race days, and we encountered at least four or maybe even six corners in our travels. Hell, I was taking turns at intersections up roads that we weren't even supposed to be on just to ride something other than straight road and to go around a corner. Sheesh. Made me happy all over again about the riding possibilities that we're blessed with here in the Mid-Tenn area. Now I guess I know why big Harleys are the popular bikes to take to Florida.

Speaking of which, did you know that by all appearances over eighty percent of all Harleys that do make it to BikeWeeks are either trailered there or ride down in a pick-up. Kudos to the guys and gals that actually do ride to Daytona.

Yep.

5 Comments:

At March 10, 2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pee wee, I keep telling you and Bob there are lots of turns down here at the beach, it's just that they are all 90 degree intersections.

 
At March 10, 2006 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GB and I also went for a ride Saturday, we went east across to Flagler Beach (had some good pizza pie for lunch) then down thru a little scenic road thru the swamp down to the outskirts of Dayt0na then onward south to Eustis and caught up to some other vintage trials regulars who were there seeing the swap meet scene there. Got back to Gainesville after dark and after it stopped being so warm. Not many corners for us either, but it was a nice ride really. I had to pit stop in Daytona and add some H20 to my radiator, it was low and the heat light came on on my SV, must've not filled it up properly after the last time I changed fluids (drained the coolant for a track day recently...). Anyway no problems we got to check out the cruiser riders checking each other out at the stoplight while I filled up. I'm pretty sure no one checked me out (looking pretty fancy with a water hose under my plastic fairing). Saw a couple on a bergman?(sp) scooter with dog in a basket on the luggage rack. Normal bike week stuff. We decided to skip the trek to the Cabbage Patch.

JF

 
At March 14, 2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Rob said...

My buddy trailers his to Daytona and Sturgis every year.

 
At June 07, 2008 12:24 PM, Blogger WW said...

What kind of luggage rack is that on your DRZ? Thanks, WW

 
At June 21, 2008 7:41 AM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Yo WW,

That's a poor man's luggage rack.

It's either a Targa or a Chase Harper tail-trunk. You take a piece of plywood and cut it to the internal base size of the bag. Unbolt the stock tool kit. Drill the plywood to that bolt pattern, put the plywood in the tail-trunk and mount it to the rear fender with the existing tool kit. Wa-lah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits