SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hot-Rod Tractor


In the sixties my Dad had a Massey-Ferguson lawn-tractor similar to this one owned by my friend Country-Ham. I'm not sure of the year model but Timmy and his son have restored this one to a quite nice condition.

Trust me,when you're a kid of ten or eleven years of age a Massey-Ferguson thirteen-horse Kohler engined lawn-tractor is definitely a Hot-Rod! It was really easy to talk me into cutting the grass. I used to love it when-ever Sam (my Dad) had the deck off of the tractor, it was my Indy Car at that point. I used to sneak rides on it whenever I could.

I sure hope that the statute of limitations has run out at this point, but you probably wouldn't believe how many times that thing was tossed on it's side, or rolled completely over, a couple of times with my little sister as passenger. It's a major wonder that neither one of us got hurt during that hooligan bullshit. Gawd.

6 Comments:

At September 13, 2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember how far it would tilt before it actually rolled? That's probably what saved us from being crushed since we would slide off before serious damage was inflicted!

 
At September 13, 2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Haha! I guess you're right, and I just always thought it was my A.J. Foyt kind of driving!

 
At September 13, 2006 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had sears tractor I got from my Dad, it had a 2 cylinder onan motor. My son Christopher cut the muffler off and put a 2 foot long pipe in it's place. He then took the air filter off and wrapped a k&n pre-filter around the carb.It would shoot a 3 foot flame out that pipe and it would do a 14 foot long wheelie. Our neighbors think we are nuts.
Dale

 
At September 14, 2006 7:28 AM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Our neighbors sound like pretty good judges of character! ;-)

 
At September 18, 2006 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat man on a little tractor. Great pictures, Better comentary. Thanks, Country Ham.

 
At October 27, 2014 11:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have the same tractor in the picture?but im having problems it will start for like 2 sec. then loses spark for bout 20 mins something is messed up anyone got any ideas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits