SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Horsepower.....4


Big Don again. He was pretty proud of this particular chain-saw, it's a 1953 Stihl project saw that he's recently gotten operational. He picked it up and was flipping it about and showing and telling me the details of the restoration and of the saw, and then he handed it to me. Well, it took me straight to the ground! It must've weighed at least sixty pounds. Needless to say there were no aluminum or zinc alloys used in the production of chain-saws (or anything else, for that matter) back in '53.

He made a few up-cuts at near lightning speed and then shut it down. What with it being Old-Timer's Day and all, there were several Old-Timer's standing around, and one of them perked up and said, just as smart-ass old-fart as you could say it, "Why'd you cut up? You could've made a faster and better cut cutting down!"

Without missing a beat Don shot back, "I cut up because I'm gonna' be out here all day and I didn't want to get sawdust all the hell over me, thank you very much!"

Word.

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2007 8:46 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

You can't pick up no chicks in Dickson with sawdust all over you. I know I've tried it.
Cpt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits