SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Speechless

Total weirdness.

I just spoke with one of my bestest buds on the planet. He's currently sitting in the Stapleton Airport in Denver waiting to go through the terroism check-point (boarding) that is now the fact of air-travel here in the U.S., to fly back home here to Nash-Vegas.

He's been to Denver for the funeral of his older brother's kid, who took it upon himself to do the O.D. thing with the big horse. I'd met the kid years ago, he seemed like a good kid, but the Lord only knows what demons any one being can be dealing with.

Sometimes at a funeral you're given the task of being a spectator, maybe delivering the eulogy, or participating as a pallbearer. My bud was given the job of playing on the guitar during the ceremony the departed's favorite tune (a Kenny Wayne Shephard blues number). He rehearsed it here with me at the Old Dickson Post Office on Sunday evening for a bit.

When we spoke an hour or so ago he seemed to be still in total shock, as am I. When he called me on the phone to tell me the news of Colin's passing last Saturday evening I just told him I had to get off the phone now, I can't talk.

And I couldn't. Still can't.....

3 Comments:

At November 13, 2007 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Had I known, I surely would have stayed and had that beer with you yesterday. Hope your ok . Dean

 
At November 14, 2007 6:46 PM, Blogger Nubbie said...

Don't know whta to say, death is hard to deal with, but for a kid it's unimaginable. Take Care

 
At November 14, 2007 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Colin, PeeWee.

It's been a sad month around here too. What's up with all these people checking out on us!? I'll be praying for you and your friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits