SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Aroma Therapy

I've heard the term, though I'm not really up on the process. I could Google it I guess, but I'd almost bet that the thinking is that certain smells must trigger certain chemicals in the brain, or maybe sensations, and that is somehow therapeutic. I hear that lavender is a big in the aroma therapy game.

I suppose I've been indulging in a sort of aroma therapy this spring-time. As I blatt about on my two-wheeler it's amazing how much more ethereal the
country-side is. My current favorite aroma is the blooming honey-suckle. Passing a long fence-row of it is akin to just jamming your face into the bushes!

Another strong aroma is wild onions from a freshly mown lawn. Sometimes in traffic you might get a blast from an open car window of a ladies perfume. Or perhaps the smell of cherry tobacco being puffed from the guy in that pick-up truck up front.

Of course with the good, there must come the bad. Any stinking diesel vehicle comes to mind. A hog farm. A "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road", that in a car is a fleeting one or two breath nuisance. But the same dead skunk on your motorbike can be downright asphyxiating.

But I digress.The positive aromas greatly outweigh the negatives. The smell of a rushing river, the dirt of a newly turned and plowed farm field. That scent of freshness just after you've been caught out by a quick spring shower.

Ahh. Two-wheeled spring-time aroma therapy. I just can't recommend it enough.

So, if you'll excuse me.....

3 Comments:

At May 13, 2009 10:18 AM, Blogger SusanA said...

I think you're totally "up on the process" of aroma therapy. You just don't know it. Best of all, you're out in the world soaking it up instead of lying on a table cutting it with recycled air.

 
At May 14, 2009 9:50 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Spend a few minutes with Brent, inside or out, and you will be introduced to a whole new level of aroma therapy. I like to call it, "nasal trauma". Later!

 
At May 14, 2009 10:02 PM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said...

Great Blog, ole buddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits