SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Monday, May 25, 2009

Charlotte Square



After Sam and I getting caught in several scattered thundershowers while trying out a few changes to his DRZ400 this Memorial Day I opted out towards the house to find beautimus weather conditions. I fetched all my wet riding gear out of the cage and me and the scalpel went for a hundred mile fang.

Purely by accident I drifted through and around the sweet little square of our county seat in Charlotte. When I came around the back-side of the courthouse this was the view on the back lawn. I stopped and took off all my gear, and got out the camera. It was a bit surreal, strangely quiet and I was the only one around in the square for the twenty or so minutes that I was there.

Each flag had an aluminum tag hanging from it where it was attached to the pole. The tag was engraved stating who had donated the flag, and in the remembrance of whom, and what branch of the military and what conflict they had served our country during.

When the wind would blow the little tags would tinkle in the quiet like an ethereal wind chime of honor. It was hard to leave, I just kept reading names and wondering about those folks.....

2 Comments:

At May 27, 2009 7:40 PM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said...

Well said

 
At May 27, 2009 9:19 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Thanks dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits