SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Friday, September 30, 2011

Live Blogging.....

It's homecoming night here in the big Dick-son. A bit after dark I fired up the coals and roasted a couple ears of corn and grilled some chicken whilst listening to the Dickson County High School football game from across the way. The stadium is about a half mile away as the crow flies, and I was able to recognize half-time due to the music breaks.

I also recognized the end of the game when the band played the Alma-mater and there was a sing-along and a big cheer after that.

A few minutes after the Alma-mater, while having a bite of dinner on the loading dock, I listened to the roar and rubber squealing of pick-up trucks and sub-compact racers leaving the high-school grounds. Some major teen testosterone. Soon after that those same vehicles were bombing about down-town here.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I was that kid. But, what I'm hoping is that after the overnight hours leading into Saturday morning, I don't see that news story about that horrifying tragedy of a crash that kills two or three or four students just after their high-school homecoming game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits