SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Did you ever smile in your helmet?

Did you ever smile in your helmet? I got to thinking about this while watching FIS Alpine Women's World Cup Super-G from Italy. On a hill steep as a church steeple a chick banged off a coupla' hundred yards of precision needle threading. Bonking her shoulders off the poles, and quite close to the ground on occasion! At one point in a great camera shot I swear she flashed a grin for just a quarter second.

And that's the grin that you allow yourself cause you know that you had in fact gotten it right. And so fucking right, that you actually had time to breathe. AND grin. And to me it was skating a pool wall, riding asphalt, a trials section, or the moment when you realize that a fish has granted your wish.

Did you ever smile in your helmet? I know I do.


1 Comments:

At January 23, 2019 10:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Most of the time. The time I got 60 miles from home before I realized I did indeed have the flu. Didn't smile much that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits