SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Thursday, October 20, 2005

More From Goat-Dog Road



This is Mr. Nubbie and Little Pinto at the site of Sam's treed mirror during the second week of October, 2005. Pinto is being kind enough to give us all the double sign of the vex.

If you'll look closely at the foreground of the picture I think you'll get some idea of the off-camber nature of that piece of real estate. Again, any one of the five of us could have been the crashee that day.

On the subject of Sam's memory loss, let me just say that I have had my bell rung on quite a few occasions and that I am not too effected (Hmmmm, maybe I could be affected!) by having a bit of fuzzy-logic applied to some of my memory banks. Hell, it just happens. Sam, on the other hand was, and still is quite effected by not being able to remember the events over the course of that day. He doesn't remember starting out that morning, where we went, where we were headed or the spill or anything in about an eight hour time span.

He was kind of funny as shit though. If he asked me once, he asked me a freaking hundred times afterwards, "Pee Wee, what did I do?" I'd explain to him that he low-sided on an off camber downhill turn and was knocked out for a couple minutes.

Five minutes later he'd ask me, "Pee Wee, what did I do?" Again we'd give him the rundown of the past little whiles activities only for him to ask about it again and again and again. All the rest of the evening.....

The mirror only ended up in the tree to get it out of his sight because he kept trying to put it in one of our tailbags on our bikes because he thought he could fix the damn thing. We kept removing it from our bags, because it was shedding glass everywhere and it was totally totalled, and five minutes later he'd be wandering around with it in his hand and again he'd stuff it in someone's bag. So we stuck it in the tree.

He was in no condition to continue on so me and Little Pinto did a mondo blast back to the home base for an SUV and a trailer. It took a while to fetch some transport and to get back to Goat-Dog Road. Meanwhile, according to Mr. Nubbie, he and Sam had a couple of hours of great conversation, and Sam was quite normal by Nubbie's standards, wherein they solved most or all of the current problems of the world. Sam of course has no recollection of those conversations at all.

Later that evening, while we were trying to grill some burgers and doing a bit of socializing he was adamant that he wanted a glass of wine. I tried to explain to him that he probably had a bit of a concussion and that alcohol would best be avoided for a couple of days. Mind you it was pretty hard for me to try and play the role of the adult to my Dad, especially after all the times he's had to pop my head outta' my ass.

He wouldn't take no for an answer on the wine, and I finally relented and got him a glass full. What I served him though was really half wine and half water, and whenever he'd look away I'd take a sip out of it real quick, and we'd all try and keep the snickering to a minimum. He may have noticed, but in typical Sam fashion he never let on. We thought the joke was on him but it may well have been on us.

Here's to riding it hard and putting it up wet.

L8R
PWA

2 Comments:

At October 21, 2005 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, Please come out to play!
I beleive Sam isn't coming out to ride because he thinks he will hold us up and somehow this will take away from the groups ride/fun.
Let me say, just the opposit is true. He's so much fun to ride, hangout and chat with and that is as big apart of a day of motorcycling as the ride itself.

 
At October 22, 2005 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that.
I don't have a DR , but you can come ride with us on your trials bike anytime. If Mr. Nubbie and myself are not enough entertainment.

cpt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits