SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Morgan


Took the DRZ for a solo fang today, I couldn't find anybody else to come out and play. The weather was spot-on and the therapy provided by Dr. Z was good. Always is.

Out near Leipers Fork on the Trace I came upon this, sitting alone and demanding my attention. From a quarter mile or so away I thought it was an MG TD, but nope, it was a Morgan, what vintage I have no earthly idea. It looked to have been restored somewhat, but it did appear to be the real thing, as opposed to those atrocious kit cars that you see every once in a while. Very nice, and it looked like a bunch of fun. Kind of made the whole day seem worth it, if you know what I mean.....

4 Comments:

At June 04, 2006 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It´s like Tim Allen said: "My god! Im falling for a brit!"

 
At June 08, 2006 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the vintage could be anything from 55 to 2005. They still make the same Morgan as always, but I understand there is a 3 year waiting list for one.
Most if not all that have come to the US since the mid 80's have been LP powered due to US emmision standards. Actually, this one looks more like a very good kit Car. I have yet to see a real Morgan without the leather strap on the hood, and no one who would undertake such a restoreation would leave that off. Ask Mike King, he would be the one to know.

 
At June 09, 2006 7:25 AM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

If it was a kit car it was a very good kit car. Proper brakes with knock-offs. The chrome had just the right amount of patina and ageing. The badges were proper and the steering wheel was a Morgan wheel.
And you're right, I will ask Mike, hell, he might even know the car.

 
At June 09, 2006 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, mike would be the expert, and if it is a middle Tn car, I would bet he does know the car

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits