SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Terrorist Am I.....


Last week-end at the New Johnsonville National Wildlife Refuge, Sam and I got busted while bird-watching. Yep, busted by the most paranoid little one-hundred-and-two pound lady park ranger that you cannot even imagine. She was about five foot-nothing and had on a utility belt that would have made Batman cry.

She kept wanting to know if our ATV's (ATV's!) were registered in this state? Must've asked that question four or five times. She also asked us, "what was our purpose for being in the refuge?" I can only guess that she was bored.

At one point in our conversation, being the hard-of-hearing bastard that I am (I'd been on a motorbike for a couple of hours, wind noise, like a cranked Fender Twin Reverb, does take it's toll), I took a step toward her so that I could hear her a little better, she put her hand on the 9 millimeter on her hip and asked me to back away. It visibly pissed her off when I laughed out loud at her and put up my hands.

A friend of mine calls the strutting and posturing that a short person does "The Chihuahua Syndrome". I've always thought the term funny as hell, but I'd never had the opportunity to use it labelled toward a female.

She made us take off our gear so she could better talk with us. Sam threw all his shit (helmet, jacket, gloves) up on the hood of her Surburban. Then he pretty much just lounged up there. He kept Thanking her for stopping to chat with us and for her to be sure and give us all the information that she could. "Oh, yes Ma'am. Thanks again for stopping! We appreciate it!"

Hmmmm....And I'm usually the only A.M.G. smart-ass. But, I do like it when Sam gets in on the act.....

10 Comments:

At June 06, 2007 8:58 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

Is that a 102 pounds with or with out the belt?

 
At June 06, 2007 10:07 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Oh, definitelywithout!

 
At June 06, 2007 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were clearly in violation of the patriot act.

 
At June 06, 2007 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what you get for ridin them damn atv's in her wildlife refuge! Sounds like it was it's time of the month . Bitch ! Yeah you guys are A couple a real rebels. Wish I were there to pile on . I bet there was a bullet in her shirt pocket? L8tr, Dean

 
At June 07, 2007 12:42 PM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

Sam to the nazi ranger bitch: Oh, pardon me maam. For some reason you sounded a little taller on radio.

 
At June 07, 2007 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn isn't it FUN to be messed with by small people with athority....but why is it they always have such Big Guns????

That remainds me of leaving My Brothers Bar in jacksonville Al at 2 in the morning and being followed all the way home by one of the local law enforcement types. They waited till I was about a 1/2 block from home and pulled me over. I got out of the car to see a female (I think) officer that like yours may have been 100lbs soaking wet............ as she started 20 questioning me about where I had been and where I was going,(all the time with her hand on the handle of what looked like a big ass nickel plated 357 S&W) I stood about 5 feet from my car with one foot resting against my other leg, (Ian Anderson Style for those of you old enough to know)..... I stood that way for about 5 mins when all of a sudden she asked me why I was standing that way.... to her surprise, my response was "Because if I was F*#ked up like you think I am, I wouldn't be able to stand this way"

needless to say she wasn't a happy camper, and proceeded to make me think she was letting me off easy with a harsh verbal warning, (with me knowing she could do nothing) She then told me to get back in the car and go home....the B#T*h even followed me home the last 100 yards and turned around in my drive way...... I always wondered what she must have thought when I feel out of the car laughing while she was still in the drive way.

By the way PeeWee, where on your DRZ ATV???

Pete

 
At June 07, 2007 8:44 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Good question Peter D......My DRZ's been down for a couple weeks for new tires at both ends and an EBC Super-Motard brake rotor and caliper job at the front (Thanks Guru!) with new pads.

Now, if a sportbike perturbed her, you're right, just think what the DRZ's will do to her thought pattern.......

 
At June 08, 2007 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, if the sport bike looked like an ATV to her, if you go back on the DRZ I would suggest you wear a snake skin under your riding gear........ she may use the 9mm.

Pete

 
At June 09, 2007 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys could have got strip searched if you played your cards right BC

 
At June 11, 2007 9:44 PM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said...

Nip it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits