SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Thursday, May 31, 2007

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!



SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

BE THERE! BE THERE! BE THERE!

I don't know if you remember those radio commercials for drag racing back in the 1970's. They had a bunch of shouting and major reverb and a lot of echo going on. I was actually in on the production of some of those ads for Beech Bend Dragway back in the day, at 1510 WLAC-AM with disc-jockey "Bear With The Hair Bradley". What a hoot.

I can only imagine that those types of commercials are being played in San Mateo to talk up the Power Tool Drag Racing . Absolute living proof that actual rednecks exist outside of Alabama. Especially in California. Thanks to Attila the Hun for the link.

Speaking of the "Heart of Dixie", HERE'S three more reasons to avoid Alabama (I stole that line). This link compliments of the pitcherlady . The horror.

4 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do remember those radio ads Peewee. They probably contributed to a lot of my drag racing delinguency on the street. I'm in , put you and I in this pic but with a more of a 32 ish style body. The car I mean, and A couple A skateboards strapped on the deck lid and we would be off to the CWC, thats concrete wave country for you dweebs. l8tr skater , Dean

 
At June 01, 2007 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have plans to build something like this, but a little more of a rat rod.I have a couple of small block chevy engines, but I also have pontiac 455 that would be crazy in something weighing about 2500 lbs.I have never really liked drag racingbut I remember the ads.

 
At June 01, 2007 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read the hog was actually sold to an enclosed 150-acre farm that allowed the kid and his dad to hunt. Said the hog was too big to sell for slaughter or as a pet. The dad even said the owner shook his kid's hand and said the hog "needed killin".... The hog's name was "Fred".
atilla

 
At June 02, 2007 4:45 AM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

thanks, but i didn't need any more reasons to avoid alabama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits