SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back-flip

Sam has season tickets to the 2008 Vanderbilt womens basketball games, and I have loved going to Memorial Gym since I've been a small kid, so I've been attending whenever he's invited me. What's changed about that kid thing I know some of you are asking.....

Whenever Vanderbilt is shooting a two-shot free-throw some of the lady cheerleaders line up and do a back-flip if the Vandy lady sinks the free-throw. It's kind of an amazing thing to watch as five or six cheerleaders do a back-flip in unision.

Now, I've done a few back-flips in my day, and honestly some were unplanned. But most of them involved entering the water in a lake or a swimming pool after attempting said back-flip. But I can't fathom just tossing a back-flip on something as unforgiving as a hardwood gymnasium floor. Man, I can't even begin to imagine the bruises, much less the concussion.....

2 Comments:

At February 01, 2008 4:48 AM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

I agree....back flips go a lot better with water than hardwood.

 
At February 01, 2008 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad it's A female backflip . l8tr, Dean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits