SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Friday, January 25, 2019

The Day the Birdies Stopped


Had been playing some pretty good golf, and I had taken to telling people that I was a bogey golfer.  Somewhere around the last weekend in May played at Percy Warner with three generations of Septers. How cool is that? I shot about a hundred. No bogey golf here!

A few days later on June 7th Sam and I are sight-seeing at a local dam and we drove to the boat ramp. Boat ramps have changed a lot since I was a kid. There's now a dock for assistance in unloading or loading your boat. Used to be just a chunk of concrete heading out however far into the lake or river that it went.

I was trying to take a picture of this heron, a bird that Captain Dick the Seaman calls a squawk and shit bird with good reason. If you'll look closely you can just see something laying there on the dock. Of course the bird got pissed, squawked and shit and swooped off. I walked out on the dock to find a P.O.S. Zebco spin-cast combo, list price probably $9.95 at your local wally world. I was in the creek the next day or so.

Haven't swung a golf club since.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits