SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Eve



When I came upon this guy in the woods I thought it was a red-tail hawk or maybe a Swainson's . But when we flipped him over we realized it was an owl. I can't tell you what kind. He's the only thing that we've come across that didn't make it through Tuesday evening last. His neck appeared to be broken. The talons that tipped those reptilian legs were over a half inch long.

Another casualty and then I'll stop. I was stunned to hear last night that musician Chris Whitley had succumbed to lung cancer on Sunday. He's the best guitar player that you've probably never heard of. In a music world full of crap and wannabes I always thought he was the real thing. Godspeed.....

Here's hoping that you get to spend Thanksgiving with someone whose company you enjoy. Think I'll start mine out with a sunrise skate........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits