SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

More Scary Stuff

I was pushing my shopping cart of staples out of the grocery the other day and I walked past a dude on the pay-phone on the sidewalk out front. He was on the phone when I went in and was still talking animatedly upon my exit from the store.

He was about twenty years old and had the aforementioned Mad Max movie extra look going on. As I walked past I realised he was talking on one of those "chat lines" and he was giving someone his personal type resume.

What I clearly caught first was, "Oh yes, I'm a very sexual person!" with quite a bit of glee in his voice.

That made me slow down pretty good so I could get his next line, which was, "Well, what I really like to do is drink alcohol all night and just hang out! How about you?"

At this point I guess I was a bit rude because not being able to help myself I stopped and turned around and looked at him and proceeded to laugh my ass off. I almost lost my buggy of groceries to the slight down-hill slant of the parking lot.

He made a face at me and turned his back, as though his phone partner might hear or see me. I wondered if his partner on the other end was a boy or a girl? I surely couldn't tell from chat boy, he was as androgynous as they come. Or maybe he was android......

I realise that all this crap is just another side-street of our current main-stream social personalities. But again, where in the hell are we headed as a society? What kind of throw-away social relationship crap is all this?

Stuff like speed dating ? Man, the first time I heard about that I thought the person explaining it to me was just pulling my leg. Speed dating...........Some kind of wicked twist on "Love at first sight"?

That's all just weird. Isn't it?
PWA

1 Comments:

At November 04, 2005 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That speed dating sounds like fun.
Ima Slut

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits