SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Resonator


I can't tell you much about the Jay Turser brand of guitars except that they are inexpensive as hell and are not too bad quality wise. Don't get me wrong, they're not a Fender or a Gibson, but they are not a Kingston or an Austin or a Lotus either. They are either made in Korea or China, I don't have a clue. Hell, maybe Taiwan......I've been told that one of the guys from the band Alabama is one of the three principals in the company, but that is only heresay on my part, I don't know if it's true or not.

I've got two or maybe three Turser guitars that I got off of eBay for almost nothing and this is my absolute favorite. It's a solid body electric dobro resonator guitar with a spun aluminum biscuit and a chrome cap in a cherry red finish. It has a piezo pick-up at the bridge and a small soapbar humbucker at the neck. The neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard and is sweet as hell, and is quite the electric styled neck. The controls are a master volume, a tone, and a blend knob between the two pickups.

I got it because I generally want to stomp a mudhole in an acoustic guitar after about the first fifteen minutes of playing it. They just piss me off. This seems to aleviate that urge. I usually play it acoustically and it has a killer tone that is kind of a blend of an acoustic and an electric tone. It's my campfire guitar and as I have so little in it I don't mind just tossing it in the truck or the trailer and heading out. I'd probably shoot myself if I had to find a replacement for it......

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Nubbie said...

That thing is plum perty.

 
At April 25, 2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Thanks Nubster.

Lush, not to be a "Cynical Sam" but the thought of Gibson "owning" the term dobro is but more evidence of Gibson trying to buy credence on their downward spiral toward bankruptcy. Not that I give a shit about Gibson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits