SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Friday, April 14, 2006

Tri 777 Skate


At the Bike Pedlar in the late 70's we were fairly hip to the evolution of the pig skate. If you wanted the latest skate gear or stickers in Nashville, you went to the Pedlar.

This is a skate that me and Dave Miller made a few of. It was canadian rock maple, seven ply, fairly flexy, easy to pump. Dimensions are10-3/4" wide by 30-1/2" long with a17-1/2" wheelbase. The pattern was a joint head-bumping by Dave and myself. The grip tape job was all Miller, he had a particular penchant for grip tape jobs. This one sports some fairly serious clear pizza-grip. You ain't ever had a shin or calf muscle seared until you get some 30 grit pizza-grip burns going on! Whoooweee! Can you say Bactine?

Ignore those Tracker Truck stickers on the tail, as soon as Independent's became available that's all that we rode. Currently it sports some Stage One Indy 169's equipped with Cloud bushings with 1/2" Tracker risers and an original set of Alva wheels. The other wheel we ran were Powerflex 5"s, in the rainbow color set, natch.....German bearings, always.

This stick still skates well today and I've been using the template on some modern style concave chunks of wood. I wish Miller was around to slap me up a hip tape job.

5 Comments:

At April 15, 2006 7:50 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

Dude , 169's and cloud bushings. I think I'm in love.

 
At April 15, 2006 8:33 PM, Blogger Caulkboy said...

I wanna see a stale fish grab over the pyramid, back tail to fakie on that beast

 
At April 16, 2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Captain: Take a cold shower.

Caulkboy: Dammit, I can only do the ollie to fakie to frontside stale fish lien to 940 disaster with a nose pick, er ah, I mean nose grab, to an insane off the pryamid! Sometimes. Sheesh!

 
At April 17, 2006 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of those stickers bring back lots of memories from way back when.
Boy I sure did like my late 70's era S&G fiberglass board, it would accelerate with each turn from the energy generated by each flex........Those were fun times..
Pete

 
At April 17, 2006 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've seen that one before! It's good to know that old friends just get better as we age!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits