SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ruminations

Damn, it's hot. Seriously hot. Not too hot for a motorbike ride mind you, but far too damn hot for the grass cutting that I saw a couple of guys doing today. Actually, they were really only stirring up a lot of dust, there's not much grass to cut.

This afternoon in a cool beer I put a slice of lime, and in a burst of inspiritation from my Grandma Alsup, I also gave it a shot of salt. I reasoned that the amount of sweat that I had moved today would more than offset that salt.

Then, later at the market I purchased a can of tuna for a nice cold-plate style salad for dinner. The can of tuna I chose was low-sodium. Go figure.

But, that brings me to my question. Why does the low-sodium can o' tuna cost forty cents more? It's something that they do not have to add, it's one less step during the manufacturing process. Why's it more expensive?

See, it's the little things that keep me busy.

6 Comments:

At August 14, 2007 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh , see they fooled you. They put salt in all the tuna then run it through a nuclear powered desalinization process , thats why it cost more . Ehh , not really but I had you going for a mili second though huh ? ahahhahah l8tr, Dean

 
At August 14, 2007 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really though , I think it's all about perception and the allmighty american dollar. It's kinda like cookies with half the callories and they cost more or the same. They are the same cookies, just half the amount in same or smaller package. you know, them damn diet cookies ! l8tr, Dean

 
At August 14, 2007 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they have millions of labels and cans for regular tuna and those labels and cans cost .0001234 of a cent a piece, now they only need 1/2 million labels and cans for low sodium tuna which which cost them more .001234, because less is more. but remember you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.....

 
At August 15, 2007 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For that matter, why does tuna sashimi, which has no can, no processing and no sodium or other ingredients whatsoever cost three times as much as either of the canned varieties?

Maybe because the stuff in cans isn't tuna at all?

 
At August 15, 2007 4:58 AM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

Tuna live in salt water! So before they send them into the veg-o-matic to get them little peaces there is a crew of Mexicans that lick the salt off of the fish so thats why it cost more.

 
At August 15, 2007 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like fun, I wish I had a crew of mexicans to lick the salt off me.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits