SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Piece of Meat

What's the stupidest thing you've done in the '08 New Year?

Mine was pulling the trigger on a log splitter six weeks ago, while still having my left-hand index finger involved in the proceedings.

Yep, six weeks in and it is still a swelled up stupid and dumb piece of meat, kind of like a half-thawed piece of liver. You can't type with it, it ain't worth a shit on a clutch lever, you can't start a nut on a bolt, you can't get anything out of your pocket with it, you can't pick your nose, and you damn sure can't finger any guitar chords or lead lines with any authority. It's a piece of meat. I've never had an injury to a single digit where-in the bruising went all the way to the wrist. Plus, it hurts like a bastard.

Luckily for me, I was the moron in charge of the loud pedal on the log-splitter and not The Guru. He'd probably have just watched my eyes bug out like they did, and wondered what the hell my problem was, and never let off the lever. I let off the lever as soon as I felt the pressure, when it sucked the finger-tip of my glove in, but twenty-tons of hydraulics has a way of slowly continuing to creep up on you......

This is undoubtedly the closest I've ever come to losing a digit or a limb or poking out an eye, take your pick, and I've tried to do all those things and more during my half-decade of cruising the planet. This really pissed me off though, it was definitely the stupidest thing I've done in years. I stomped around and bled every-where and Navy-cussed for at least an hour. Been a long time since I've had tears over an injury. Then I went all shocky and we had to break out the whisky......

4 Comments:

At February 20, 2008 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's next dropping in at 50. Get well dude. l8tr, Dean

 
At February 20, 2008 11:11 PM, Blogger Jessie Wallace said...

COuld you have been a straddle any part of that things when you suffered your injury. Because if you (or any member of you family)was riding the machine, you could qualify for another NUBBIE. Two in a row would doubtless pave your way to the hall of shame!

GET Paid, sucka!!

 
At February 21, 2008 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm whiskey...maybe elvis could help you...looks like you need to go ahead and cut that sumbitch off...dale

 
At February 21, 2008 5:03 PM, Blogger cpt. Dick said...

Itsa good thing you wasn't using an axe. You want to talk about creeping. No really quit whining and PICK IT LUTHER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits