SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Monday, February 25, 2008

More Danger Will Robinson!

I got my first in-person look at the new Can-Am Spyder over the week-end. It was interesting to look at, in a way, because it is something totally different. But in the end, I don't think it's anything that would interest me as a motorcyclist, heck it's got one too many wheels. And I'm guessing that Bombardier/Can-Am is good with that, as they are betting the farm on selling this to a customer who probably wouldn't otherwise ride a motorcycle type vehicle, especially women, from what I'm to understand.

According to the gentleman manning the booth at the RV Show on Sunday, Bombardier already have 2800 paid pre-orders for the April 28th release date.

They had the prerequisite MTV style promo videos running in the booth, with catchy phrases like "Take back the streets", you know the kind. During one segment of the video a tester was putting the Spyder through it's paces via some slalom cones. The amount of body lean and upper body effort to get it to turn looked to me to be quite high, much like it is on an ATV, or perhaps a side-car rig. I asked the booth tender fellow about that, as I had overheard him say that he had ridden the one on dislpay around the Franklin area. His comment was, "Oh no, it steers quite easily." Hmmm.....Didn't look that way on the video.....

Course, he also said (and I had to bite my tounge to keep from laughing in his face!) how cool it was to pull up at a Starbucks in Franklin and all the attention that this never seen in these here parts machine garnered.

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2008 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, maybe if I was really old and could not hold A bike up or if I was disabled, one leg or something it would be ok, but otherwise it's GAY. L8TR, Dean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits