SKATE TRUCK

Lord only knows what you'll find here....There'll be rants and raves and skating and motorcycles and guitars and whatever else might be necessary to pass the time. Thanks for stopping in......

Thursday, April 27, 2006

3 Zero K


If there is a more fun motorbike for all things I certainly don't know what it is. Today marked a particular milestone for my trusty Suzuki DRZ400S, it turned thirty thousand miles. That it turned 30 K miles while accompanying the Nubster on his maiden voyage with his very own new damn DRZ, then that made it all the better. I don't know of too many dirt bikes with thirty thou on the clock. Hell, I don't know of too many street bikes with that many miles!

My DRZ is a bike for all seasons and all roads, all conditions. I showed up on the DRZ for a sport-bike ride once with eight or so other bikes, and during the social walk-around greeting kind of thing, I heard this punk-ass guy say, with much sarcasm, "Huh. What's with the dirt-bike?" His older brother (a friend of mine) quickly told him not to worry about the dirt-bike keeping up, much to the punky guys hooting and laughing.

I delighted in making him over-cook corners and running away from him all day. He couldn't freaking believe it. After all, he was riding a Honda CBR600F4, a state of the art sport-bike. He wouldn't even speak to me when we'd stop for a piss break or refreshments or to smoke a cig. I love that shit.....It just made me ride harder, and the DRZ simply rewards that, it just don't give a damn what you throw at it when you're thrashing. Heck, it makes me look like I can ride.

By the way, quote of the day, from today. Nubbie told me when we split before dark this evening, that his DRZ just might be the most fun motorcycle he's ever owned.

Word.

Oh yes......

7 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Nubbie said...

WORD to you and a big gulp of High Test for the 30,000 mile DRZ.
OH, and thanks for answering my dumb question on the petcok, I ran out of gas less than a mile after we split.
Prime, Reserve, Start, and my verticly challanged "titter totter"
and I'm on my way.
Thanks for the tour!!!!

 
At April 29, 2006 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, how would you hook a sidecar up to it?
Dale

 
At April 30, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Vewy carefuwwy.....

 
At April 30, 2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet we could put a small block chevy in it or on it.
Dale

 
At May 02, 2006 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just think of what you could do with a set of 17" excels, and Pilot powers........... :)

 
At May 02, 2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Pee Wee said...

Yeah, but I think you're kind of missing the point....this motorbike does it ALL. A set of 17" Excels would make it no longer a dual-sport.

Hell, I think I need two DRZ's !!!!!!!!!

 
At May 08, 2006 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nahh, you don't need two DRZ's, just two sets of wheels......

wouldn't be fun to tuck the DRZ past some squid on a.... oh, I don't know, say a new R6,.....on the inside of a curve, and laughing all the way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits